Calling for a Permit? Check the Checklist!

Provincial Permit Centre Trucking

If you’re looking for a permit to haul something in B.C., you’ll need to call our Provincial Permit Centre .

You can call the centre at 1-800-559-9688 from 6 10 p.m. seven days a week or go visit us

But before you do, make sure you’ve got the following information handy.

Getting a hauling permit has never been simpler, and by checking the checklist and having all the information you need before you begin, you’ll make your application even easier.

This story also translated into Punjabi.

Share this page:SharingFacebookTwitterLinkedInCopy Text

Page 1 of 4 comments on “Calling for a Permit? Check the Checklist!”

Leave a Comment

  1. Hi

    Looking to acquire a permit a trailer for recently purchased boat 3025 kingfisher, has 9-6 beam. I need to be able to tow it home (Chilliwack) from the place of purchase Galleon marine (Richmond), and it is my understanding the boat and Trailer are slight over width and require a permit.

    Please help with outlining the process, as I don’t see it in the checklist above. please keep in mind I don’t have the serial number for the trailer and I will be provided trailer insurance at the time of pickup (couple weeks from now)

  2. I am a US driver from SEATTLE, I need your ideas and advise to buying PERMITS for delivery the LIVE SEAFOOD Loads from SEATTLE to Vancouver

    I am hire the RENTAL TRUCK from PENSKE Trucking office ,GVW26000 , 24′ long , delivery to VANCOUVER 1 once a month only

    please advise and reply to me ASAP

    I need to arrange the RENTAL TRUCK by TUESDAY, MARCH 12th Morning



    • Hi there Kevin.

      Thanks for contacting us. here is how we can assist him with obtaining a permit. The permit would be issued to the registered owner of the truck (Ryder Truck Rentals, etc.)

      1. The client goes ahead and rents the truck
      2. The client then contacts the Provincial Permit Centre by calling 1-800-559-9688 choosing option 1 and then option 4 on the secondary menu.
      3. The permit he requires is a non resident permit
      4. The client may need a motive fuel permit
      5. The Permit Centre is open from 6AM to 10PM daily and we are currently on the same time zone “Pacific time zone” which helps.

      Hope that this helps.