Hauling Permits Made Easy

Are you planning on hauling a large load in BC? Do you need a permit but don’t know where to go? Well look no further, we have your answer!

Our Provincial Permit Centre is a one-stop shop for all your hauling permit needs. Through their website, you can get:

  • Single Trip permits, Overweight/Oversize permits
  • Single Trip, Non-Resident permits
  • Term Oversize permits
  • Motive Fuel User permits

Applying for permits online saves you time and money, and all it takes is a simple, one-time registration. Just go to the registration page and click the Online Permits Registration form link.

To complete the process, you’ll need:

  1. An ICBC Client Number
  2. A valid Business BCeID
  3. An email account
  4. A phone number

If you don’t have an ICBC Client Number, you can call the BC Provincial Permit Centre at 1-800-559-9688 to get one. And if you’re missing a BCeID, you can get one here: https://www.bceid.ca. Once you’ve signed up, you can get your permits 24-hours a day, seven days a week.

If you have any questions about online permits, or you can’t find the one you need, Provincial Permit Centre staff are happy to help. You can contact them using the number above from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The office is staffed seven days a week and is open most statutory holidays.

There is also a convenient brochure available for print and reference.

The Provincial Permit Centre – permits made easy!

Page 1 of 30 comments on “Hauling Permits Made Easy”

Leave a Comment

  1. Hi we want pick up empty super b trailer from Surrey bc we have Alberta plates and no Prorate’s I just wondering do we need any permit to bring empty trailer back to Alberta plz advice?

    • Hi Rick,

      Please connect directly with the CVSE on this. Here is their contact info:

      Commercial Transport

      General Enquiries
      Telephone: 250 953-4017 or 250 953-4073
      Commercial Transport Manager
      Telephone: 250 953-4026
      Fax: 250 952-0578

      Email: Commercial.Transport@gov.bc.ca

    • Hi Jennifer,

      Thanks for your question about hauling an 11-foot wide boat. I’ll check in with someone about that, and get back to you here.

      • Hi Jennifer,

        Hauling an 11’ wide boat (3.35 m) would require a permit to travel on provincial roadways, which can be obtained from the Provincial Permit Centre at 1-800-559-9688. At that width you will have route restrictions and may need a pilot car, as per the permit conditions on the CVSE1000 – http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/forms/getForm.aspx?formId=1251. There may be additional restrictions depending on the overall length and height, please contact commercial.transport@gov.bc.ca to confirm those details. You will also need to contact any relevant municipalities for travel on their roadways.

  2. Hi I am doing some preliminary research for a custom project that will need to be transported to the west coast from central Alberta along the Yellow Head highway to Prince Rupert.
    The boat design I am looking at the completed dimensions are 20′-4″ wide X 85′ long. Would I be able to obtain a one time super-load permit for such a move?


  3. I am trying to use the online registration form for permits but cannot get the site to open, have tried several times for a couple weeks. Please advise

    • Hi Jeff Dawn,

      Access to the Online Permits Registration requires that you have the following information in place:

      To apply for a permit using Online Permits, you must complete a simple one-time registration process. This registration is available to all clients that have requested and received permits in B.C.

      To complete the Online Permits registration, you will require the following:

      An ICBC Client number. If you do not have an ICBC Client Number, call the BC Provincial Permit Centre at 1-800-559-9688 to get one.
      A valid Business BCeID account. If you do not have a Business BCeID account, you can apply for one at the BCeID Website at http://www.bceid.ca/ or call the BCeID Helpdesk at 1-888-356-2741 for more information. The attached guide is intended to help you complete the “Getting Started” section of the Business BCeID registration process.

      An e-mail account
      A phone number

      If you have all the above information in place and are still having problems accessing the system, please contact:

      Online Registration (Enquiries Only):
      Phone: 1-800-559-9688 (8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday)

      The system is occasionally offline, but there is a notification on the page when this is the case.

      If you receive an access denied message then you probably have missed one of the steps above. Hope that this helps!