By now you may have heard of the public consultation about speed limits in British Columbia. What you may not have heard, though, is that these consultation sessions have been expanded to include more than just speed.
Now being called the Rural Highway Safety and Speed Review, the consultation sessions are now underway, and they’re looking for public feedback on a range of safety-related topics.
Do you have opinions on any of the following?
If so, check out the Rural Highway Safety and Speed Review site for more information, and fill out the online form you’ll find there. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
P.O. Box 3522 Vancouver Main
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 3Y4
Call toll-free: 1 855 974-1330
If you’d rather provide your feedback in person, you can also attend one of eight open houses scheduled around the province:
- Kamloops, December 3, 2013 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Coast Kamloops Hotel and Conference Centre, 1250 Rogers Way)
- Kelowna, December 4, 2013 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Ramada Kelowna Hotel and Conference Centre, 2170 Harvey Avenue)
- Prince George, January 7, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Prince George Ramada, 444 George Street)
- Dawson Creek, January 8, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Best Western Dawson Creek, 500 Highway #2)
- Vancouver, January 9, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, SFU Segal Centre, 500 Granville Street)
- Cranbrook, January 14, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Conference Center, 209 Van Horne Street)
- Nanaimo, January 15, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Coast Bastion Inn, 11 Bastion Street)
- Chilliwack, January 16, 2014 (5:00pm-8:00pm, Coast Chilliwack Hotel, 45920 First Avenue).
The consultation is covering a lot of different topics, but they all have a unifying theme: improving safety on B.C. highways. So let’s hear how you want to see that happen. Feel free to share any thoughts you have in the comment section below. Just be sure to also send them through the official channels outlined above to ensure your voice is heard as part of the consultation.
If you’re looking for another avenue to express your ideas and ask questions, @TranBC will be hosting a Twitter townhall (using the hashtag #BCSpeedReview) with Minister Todd Stone between 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on December 17. He’ll be taking questions about the key components of the Safety and Speed Review and we hope to see you there!